Installing your aerial equipment
We provide high durability ceiling mounts for you to rig your aerial equipment.
Our ceiling mounts have a 2200kg breaking load each, and are secured on the ceiling with two concrete plugs, which have a breaking load of 920kgs each.
Our equipment is suitable for concrete ceilings and are fully secure if installed by a specialist.
If your ceiling is made of any other type of material, you can contact us for further instructions.
Recommended to be performed by an experienced tool user.
We note down with a pencil the exact points where we will install our ceiling mount, and we drill the holes. We can hit the plugs lightly with a hammer to insert them. Drill the holes using the suitable drill and use the hammer to push the anchors all the way inside the ceiling. When the anchors are set well on the ceiling, tighten the nut with the appropriate wrench.
It is noted that for Aerial Yoga-Pilates the distance between the two support points should be 50-60cm (shoulder to shoulder width).
- Vacuum cleaner (used while drilling the ceiling to avoid eye contamination or dust on the floor)
- Percussion drill for concrete (10mm)
- Wrench (17mm)
1. Use of concrete resin is highly recommended when the concrete is unsound. This procedure is not essential for normal concrete, but can be used for extra security.
2. In cases of plasterboards or other suspended ceilings, further examination is necessary, as the installation differs per individual case.
3. In case you need to move your equipment to a different mounting point, you can purchase 2 new plugs for each x-mount, remove the base (x-mount) from the old ones and reinstall it. Old plugs that may protrude from the ceiling can be cut with a wheel and the holes can be repaired so no marks are left.
Height adjustment of your aerial equipment
You can adjust the height of your equipment using daisy chains or rope.
Hang your equipment at any height required, depending on the user’s height.
For Aerial Yoga and Aerial Sling, the hammock must be set to 70-90cm from the floor (at the waist level).
For Aerial Pilates and Kids Aerial Yoga, the hammock must be set to 30-50cm from the floor.
For Bungee Fitness, the equipment must be set to 70-90cm from the floor (at the waist level).
1. Adjusting on daisy chains – put the daisy chain through or around the respective mounting point (link, mount, beam, tree, etc.) and then pass the end through the last loop of the other end and tighten. Our daisy chain has a number of loops, providing you with many attachment points for your equipment.
2. Adjusting on rope – Fold the rope in half, pass it through or around the respective mounting point and pass again through the loop that has been created. Tighten well and make simple basic knots to create different height levels for your equipment.
We check our daisy chain/rope thoroughly before and after each use, in case there is any wear and tear due to friction. Any visible damage needs immediate replacement.